BG Refused to Change Gas Card Meter

Sponsored Links
@mickyg: BG now own their own metering company and we are no long paid by price work, we are salaried and our work load is a lot less, from 25+ a day to about 9 a day.

And what happens to the profit for the shareholders - I`ll bet you get a pension too :rolleyes: . It`s getting as bad as pre privatisation - you`ll be joining a Union next :evil:

Hi Dan yes may be a bit harsh , I am shadowing an old boys at the moment not live yet, so do you have a bracket answers?
Company line says fit one,
Old boys say fit if you can.

So I want the official line, is an meter exchange different to an install of a fitting as per regs?

The line is simple the company say a bracket. Floor or wall so what others think or what regs ask for does not come into it it would have to be exceptional position not to be able to fit either.

Sponsored Links
Looking at this logically, If the meter has feet, it can be sat on the floor, be it an new install or an exchange.

Reason why it should be properly supported,

If the meter has an anaconda reg and lead on the other side with no top and bottom bracket, then the thing can be moved around willy nilly which isnt good for the lead.

Two anacondas - contradicting rules on this, 1 says its ok, an other says it not.

Two anacondas for me, secure the meter with the use of a bracket screwed to the wall, skirting board or floor and an NCS notice is fine for me and ive never had any come back from it.

In a nutshel, No bracket - fit one and screw it down/to the wall

If you cant fit one, Get your blowlamp out.

If you want I can take some pictures of how meters are supposed to be fitted, before and afters. And probably take a few on how they are not supposed to be fitted..... before an afters...

@NIGEF - bang on mate, although I dont get the pension just yet. Im young and cant be arsed with that **** yet, Growing up sucks. And you can bet your bottom dollar i'll be in the union as of next week when the they dont give what the promise. Not my fault if BGSM is 200+million down

Yes makes sense, some pic would be good, for me and others searching, information is power!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back