bi fold door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a bi fold door but the opening is 2-3 " higher than the standard door height. where can I get one to fit ?

Sponsored Links
Lucio - tell us the actual size of the opening. Standard door (from stock) heights come in 6'6" and 6'8", so your 'missing' couple of inches could be because your frame is made for the bigger standard door.

All bi-folds are 6'6", actually the doors themselves are shorter than this because the dimensions of the track are taken into account. You might be able to get one made to order.

If you have to use a bi-fold, say 'cos the entrance to the bog is tight, then one option could be to fashion a 'header' piece to the frame to lower it to fit a 6'6"er; you might have to re-work the architraves. I wouldn't, unless you're skilled, attempt to heighten the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back