Bi-folding Doors - Best Make - Bang for Buck??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just started to look at getting a new single storey extension on the back of a 1930s semi

An option is to install some bi-folding doors - recently did my own front door and after researching loads you get a feel of which makes are the best and which are better value

Is there any best make generally for bi-folds or a make that is decent value for money - ie not cheap but good value for the money overall?

Ive done some quick googling and it looks like an aluminium type would be better for us I think

Not sure on size of door yet at as we not sure on the extension size yet - the costs are scary! Looks like these bifold doors arent cheap either - arggh more money!

Thanks for any advice to get me started - I have searched the forums but would appreciate any fresh perspectives!

Sponsored Links
As you say defiantly aluminum doors.
I haven't fitted many bifolds yet but the 2 makes I have used so far are Warmcore and Smart. both have been fine.

We've fitted Smart Aluminium version too , went well , done a couple of Upvc ones , they are just very ' heavy ' looking in the amount of UPvc they use. One thing I will say though , is stay away from the New Wave/ Deuckinnick Aluminium slide and Swing Doors , I have heard nothing but trouble about those ( the pvc version sounds fine ) , and I heard it from a Deuckinnick manufacture!

Sponsored Links
Thanks all - ive seen those SMART ones mentioned quite a bit - thanks for the info will start looking into

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back