Biasi 24S Combi Flame cutting out, cycling flame on/off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its got a JR about 3 inches from the 24S ???

Thanks for being here......... :)

Boiler turns on, 1 bar water at COLD

If I turn on the central heating, it will work as normal (for a while), but eventually the the flame cuts out, (before) the house thermostat kicks it off. EDIT - So, this means that the boiler just does not seem to do it's job of heating up the house as the flame is cutting out prematurely.

Until it cuts out, hot central heating water is circulated fine.

The safety red light/reset button does not light up.
Even when the flame stops, there sounds like a noise of water still moving, I presume this is the water pump still running at some level and/or will perhaps stop at some point.......

Once the boiler reaches flame cut out point the following occur.

1) IF I turn off the mains and then turn on again, the boiler will start its heating cycle, the flames will go totally high, then will drop to a lower level (we have the central heating boiler rotatey thing setting nearly on the lowest as per the manual)

2) If I leave the boiler to do its own thing, it will start again, for a while.. but still not heat the house enough (because the flame cuts out again and again)

The cycle continues like that.

I would think that it is overheating for some reason and this causes a triggering of a cut out, BUT NOT the red light.
Anyway, I'm only guessing, but that's why I'm here......

PS. During the engineer visit he mentioned something about a diaphragm/membrane as we also have a domestic hot water issue.
I suppose he either talked too quick or I was not listening properly doh!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Andy I may be being a bit dense here but what is the question / problem?

:LOL:

Oops I did my usual encrypted post trick.

the flame cuts out after a while, before the house thermostat kicks it off. EDIT - So, this means that the boiler just does not seem to do it's job of heating up the house as the flame is cutting out prematurely

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back