Biasi 24s safety thermostat cutting out?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, our Biasi 24s (type with 3 control knobs & no fault code screen visible) used to have a problem where it threw water out the overflow pipe into the garden plus cut out sometimes when having a shower if heating was on or had been on very recently. It would come back on ok when water was topped up via the loop filler & the re-set button pressed. Lock-out light was not lit. When repaired/serviced last month we had the ‘auto air vent’ & ‘drainage valve’ changed as this was needed to cure a dribble apparently.

Now we have an issue where it cuts out but no water being chucked outside ( I strapped a container to the outside pipe to monitor this) & no leaks anywhere. It would not re-set via the button so I texted the boiler guy who serviced it but he says he’s extremely busy but it could be pump or fan. I checked the pump & it is spinning fine with a screwdriver. Fan was humming too but boiler would not fire up on any demand. I unscrewed the plastic cover knob on the ‘safety thermostat’ & depressed that with a ball point pen. It worked fine but then same thing happened again next day. It appears the rads could be hotter than usual but I’m not certain? No TRV’s fitted, just old fashioned type valves plus no air in any rads. I have now spaced the manual timer segments apart so ch comes on for 30mins then goes off for 30mins to stop it tripping the ‘safety thermostat’ & it appears to be working but I would like to fix the fault as I feel there must be an overheat issue somewhere but don’t want to buy various new parts unnecessarily as they will soon add up to a big, big bill? Any clues as to what it could be & what could cure it please?

Many thanks
Ray

Sponsored Links
You should measure the resistance of each of the two temperature sensors.

Should be about 10k cold.

One may be o/c as the 24S boiler does not detect that.

Tony

Running your boiler at full rate for 30 mins at a time will cost you a fortune in gas, getting the boiler properly repaired will cost you less

brungo";p="3022909 said:
Hello, our Biasi 24s

many thanks to both of you for the advice. i can confirm that the boiler has not cut out once since 'staggering' the timer but this is of course a stop gap solution. do you think it has identified the issue?

thanks again. ray

Sponsored Links
You should measure the resistance of each of the two temperature sensors.

Should be about 10k cold.

One may be o/c as the 24S boiler does not detect that.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back