biasi 24s safety thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boiler stopped working and would not do anything until i pressed the safety thermostat reset button by chance.Have i got a problem that might recurr or will it have just reset?Will this happen again as winter is upon us?

Sponsored Links
Turn dials on boiler down and make sure your rads are open. Try to find out if it happened during heating or hot water use

Do you mean the overheat or red light ignition lock out which I think these may have?

If you run DHW the temps should not go above about 60°C.

Even if it doesn't the the HE may be scaled up and kettling. In that case the o/h stat will trip AFTER longer DHW useage.

Resetting the o/h stat more than a few times (10-20) will cause it to trip at lower temperatures.

The triping will also be caused if you dont keep the system water at about 1.5 bar and let it got to almiost zero!

Wonderful these devices to protect the boiler from the users!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back