Biasi 28s wall mounted boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved in to a new house and the boiler is a 2001 biasi 28s wall mounted. Before i do as suggested and replace it, i thought someone might be able to help with some advice.

The boiler stopped firing up. I took off the white metal false cover and then the actual cover, pressed reset and it fired up nicely. Put the cover back on and it went out. If i leave the cover on and wedge something in to create a small gap, it fires up. You can hear the air being sucked in through the gap i created.

Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
You can hear the air being sucked in through the gap i created.
Any suggestions please?

Impossible if you only removed the front cover ?
I suggest you check that the front cover is not touching a loose pump lead as i had this problem on this same boiler once.
Are you sure the noise is coming from the cover and not the flue bend on top the boiler ?

i have one client with one of these and i do not recall so much as one year where i did not earn some money out of it. problem prone and expensive parts, get rid of it.
for the moment, it sounds like you have opened the combustion chamber. turn of the electricity at the spur and call a proper rgi, you are taking a big risk with what you are doing

Sponsored Links
If boiler works ok with front cover off then the fan venturi needs cleaning.

Dont take any notice of Bob as he evidently knows little about boilers.

Dave knows whats wrong but be aware that only a competent person should be working on gas parts and thats usually someone who is CORGI registered.

Your boiler is very reliable ( as long as its properly serviced, which you evidently have not had done ) and should be working until at least 2013 !

Tony

Thanks for the replys...Don't worry i have not taken off the cover to the combustion chamber...i know thats dangerous. It's just the galvanised cover directly under the white outer casing. I've been told that it could be the air pressure switch.

I've taken note that it's not the best boiler you can buy, but i must admit it heats the house and water very quickly, so it seems a shame to just rip it out and get something like a worchester.

Thanks for your helpfull comments Agile and gas for you. Any further info would be greatfully received.

the 'galvanised bit' is the combustion door-turn it off.

Its not the air pressure switch!

Amusing that you say you have not touched the combustion cover but then say that you have!

Tony

AH.......didn't realise that was the combustion chamber. I thought the combustion chamber was the smaller panel which covers the flames....oooopppppss

I'll...call a plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back