Biasi Combi 28S noisy when off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Biasi 28S which is about 6 years old at my flat in NW London.

It now has a constant and fairly loud whirring noise which continues when it is both on and off. It's not the fan as far as I can tell.

It does hold pressure at 1.5 Bar and heats the central heating and hot water OK.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Does the noise stop if you turn the mains power off to the boiler?

It must be very loud if you can hear it as far away as Australia!

I am guessing that it may be the pump?

If the boiler is a lot older than 6 years* or has been fitted with an earlier PCB then its possible the setting has been wrongly left to run the pump all the time.

There are also other faults which can run the pump continuously.

Tony Glazier

* The 28S was last manufacturered in 2002 !!! The year it was made is on the data plate on the flap. The last four digits of the serial are the month and last two digits of the year. So whats yours?

It wasn't making this noise when I was here back in July and hasn't made it before - although the flat was let over the past 4 years.

The noise does stop when you run either cold or hot water. It does not stop if you turn the power off. It does seem to stop after the heating has been on for a while.

The serial number ends 0404 so it must have been one of the last made (I think I got a special deal).

I'm staying in the flat in London trying to sell it before returning to Oz.

Sponsored Links
I think I have found the culprit.

I have an outside tap which is connected to the mains supply that also supplies the boiler.

The outside tap has an automatic watering system which comes on early in the morning and (due to jet lag) I have been waking very early and hearing the water running and this has also been resonating in the boiler.

Doh! :oops:

The serial number ends 0404 so it must have been one of the last made (I think I got a special deal).

I'm staying in the flat in London trying to sell it before returning to Oz.

If it was made in 2004 then its not a 28S !

It must be an M90-28 !

Tony

"Automatic watering?" Are you operating a farming project with lots of heat lights?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back