Biasi Garda HE combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler firing on hot water but water only luke warm.The temp gauge shows 60c.Corgi installer but not very experienced on combi faults,guess its DHW thermistor or Heat ex but would like a experienced opinion.

Sponsored Links
Have you measured the DHW flow rate and the temperature rise to see exactly how the boiler is performing compared with the spec?

When you have set it to the design flowrate measure the differential temp across the plate HE. It should only be about 15-20°C. If much higher suspect a blocked plate HE or just possibly a lime scaled secondary but thats unusual unless a tap has been dripping.

If the defect has not become clear by this point then measure the working pressure at the boiler and the burner pressure at max and min.

Its most unlikely to be anything to do with thermistors!

Tony Glazier

Boiler firing on hot water but water only luke warm.The temp gauge shows 60c.Corgi installer but not very experienced on combi faults,guess its DHW thermistor or Heat ex but would like a experienced opinion.

Could you tell us;

How long the boiler has been in,

Was it put in at the same time as the Radiators,

Was it put in to replace a boiler and hot water cylinder arrangement, if so was the gas pipe increased in size to a 22mm pipe?

Thanks,

Tim

PS If you are not experienced at working with gas I suggest you dont do this bit your self,
If the defect has not become clear by this point then measure the working pressure at the boiler and the burner pressure at max and min.

PS If you are not experienced at working with gas I suggest you dont do this bit your self,

Er... he has said that he is CORGI registered Tim!

I would never suggest that anyone checks gas pressures unless he is registered.

Tony

Sponsored Links

Er... he has said that he is CORGI registered Tim!

I would never suggest that anyone checks gas pressures unless he is registered.

Tony

Tony you appear to be unable to note the nu·ance of my PS, it is a subtle Gas Safety Message to those viewing this site seeking advice. (a, was it to subtle for you, emoticon)

Tim

I also subtly did not mention "gas" in my suggestion knowing that many DIYers would not follow what I was saying!

I always like to keep my gas safety messages clear and bold!

"Dont mess with gas unless you are CORGI registered ( and preferably a member of ARGI as well! )"

Tony

Sorry tony73 I did not ask the obvious question, what flow rate in litres per minute that you get at the hot tap in the kitchen sink?

I ask because I have just returned from a terraced house in which I was filling a three gallon bucket.

The bucket filled in double quick time!

That was something like 18 litres a minute, no Guarders can cope with that flow rate.

It would be good if an inexpensive answer to your problem was just to reduce the flow rate to one which the boiler can cope with, is it the 24 or the 28?

Tim

Have had a look at my MI of the M96 and it would appear that the central heating temperature probe is in the pipe flowing from the primary heat exchangers.

Thinking about it if the DHW temperature knob is on max then If we are trying to get water at the hot tap to reach 55 degrees centigrade then surely it should be leaving the primary heat exchangers at some thing like 75 degrees to enable a high enough temperature through the primary side of the plate heat exchanger.
Other wise there will not be enough heat energy to raise the temperature of the DHW side of the plate heat exchanger.

So is we have water flow rate all right, and is the hot water knob turned fully on, and the boiler was working alright before, is the plate heat exchanges still the likely culprit?

Tim

the problem is that the devil is in the detail and there is not much of it!!

we need to know

the power of the combi and the flow rate as tim righty pointed out

but also check that internal by-pass is not stuck open :!:

Oh dear, I was speaking to someone at Biasi today who was saying that they did make a M96-32!

Not exactly that, but that the plume kit would not work on the M96-32 !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back