Biasi Lockout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Biasi model M110B.32SM/C

Well maintained boiler. Works most of the time but sometimes when turning the hot tap on it won't ignite.

When it works it's very quiet and is sweet as a nut. Well serviced, regular new inhibitor etc.

You can see it going through the ignition sequence making various attempts and then locks out. Hit the reset button and it will usually ignite. Sometimes takes 2 resets.

Out of the 3 LEDs the left one is solid green. The two lights on the right flash together with the middle one being red and right being green. From what I can tell this signifies 'safety thermostat cutout'.

The Safety thermostat was changed recently but still the same problem. It also had a new PCB installed a year ago because it wouldn't even go into sequence then. Could the new PCB have become faulty?

Boiler is totally dry, no leaks within etc.

One thing I noticed and I may be wrong. When the pressure is about 1.2 bar (cold) it doesn't have the problem. However, there is leak in the heating system somewhere which drops to just under 1 bar after about 3 weeks. Then the ignition problem seems to be more frequent.

PRV is not weeping and expansion vessel all good - no over pressurising of the system

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back