Biasi M90 32s fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi could some advise the fault with my boiler.

It has started to make a buzz sound just as it should fire up but doesn't.

The electronic diagnostic lights show no errors.

Could the relays be not latching? Hence may point to the ignition board? (wanted to attach a video of the fault)

Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated.

Also noticed that the boiler has started to leak again at the gland nut six months after replacing switch, Gland nut, diaphragm. Do you suggest a new diverter valve kit or replacement diverter valve?

Thank you

Grover

Sponsored Links
Leaking gland nuts are caused by a dirty system. Or the pin was not cleaned when a new gland was fitted.

Is your boiler one with two PCBs?

Tony

Hi Tony I cleaned stem but it made not difference and yes it has two pcbs.

The system hasn't been cleaned so it could do with that.

Grover

You have to clean the pin WHEN the gland is renewed!

Where is the buzzing coming from?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony

I cleaned it with some fine sand paper but it still failed.

The buzz sound is coming from the relays on the ignition board and upon feeling them it seems to be coming from the middle relay.(sorry for not explaining it right well)

I have a 3 second video clip of the fault but can't upload here because only accepts image.

Grover

In that case its most likely to be the ignition PCB.

I would have to charge £190 to replace the PCB and service the boiler!

Tony

Thank you Tony for help with the diagnosis and also the guide price for the repair.

Thank you

Grocer

Hi Tony

I have had the ignition board replaced and found that it fired up momentarily but doesn't.

Upon checking diagnostic everything seems ok. After checking voltages from the the regulation pcb it sends voltage to the ignition board for a split second fan is powered then the boiler doesn't lock. With diagnostic lights are as if boiler is operating normaly.

Visual inspection of the regulation board shows the relays not latching with a arc.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Grover

Can you post a photo showing the gas valve as viewed from the front of boiler?

Tony

Thanks for that photo.

I was wanting to see the three wires which come down from the combustion chamber in the centre.

But these three wires dont appear in your picture?

Who changed the PCB?

Tony

Hi Tony please find the image with the wires showing

Also noticed that when the pump connector is removed from the pump the boiler fires with no problems. This was only done for a split second to test the outcone only.

Grover

Boiler fires with out the pump runnung ?? well it should not fire at all !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back