Biasi M96 H/W but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Appreciate assistance ---Biasi m96 combi condensing boiler---
HW ok---CH no response pump does not come on-- room stat ok---ch temp selector ok---but no ch---your advice and assistance will be appreciated---

SID

Sponsored Links
yes its switched on at the clock---

appreciate the response 1st timer to this forum

Pull the timer plug from the PCB and let it run without a timer until you get a new one.
Of course if it doesn't fire up after doing this; the fault lies elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
Thanks SLUG i shall try this 2morrow---- this is the second boiler in 4 days i went 2 see----

I am a beginer and your guidance in this and any future cry s for help will be appreciated--

and also if any one can tell me is this a common fault in these boilers--- 2 in 4 days same boiler hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm :(

thnks again

I come across it very regularly. Strangely Agile aka Tony who posts here frequently; gives me the impression that he has rarely come across it. I was until now under the impression that it was just a North East thing and that they just sent us the bad batches. One batch we got up here had the wrong fittings pack and I had to dig holes in the wall and swivel all the fittings round to make the pipes fit under the boiler.
The boiler is the same as the Ideal mini HE which I have found with the same fault.

I very often go to this style of boiler with no heating and usually find the diverter motor gland has leaked and spoilt the motor, sometimes blowing the fuses.

Very occasionally the motor itself fails but thats rare.

While the clock sometimes has other programming errors or a button does not work reliably I dont think that I have ever found one that gives the correct display but does not bring on the heating.

There is a new design of clock out now which takes a few extra seconds to work out.

I have encountered several CORGI installers who still dont know how to operate that clock.

If you dont mind the dreaded words S... D... you can recover the same clock when you scrap an SD624.

Tony

Up date

today for sum strange reason i switched on the boiler selected CH, turned roomstat to max lord be hold it fired up and now workin perfectly ----- confused am i!------

but thnks to all who helped and my appreciation to your contribution---

thnx u all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back