Biasi Prisma: no hot water, but CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Have a biasi prisma 24S, inherited in the flat. Was fine, then last week it started taking ages to fire when taps turned on. Now, it's not firing at all, although the CH is working fine. The pressure is ok, and the lockout hasn't triggered, so I don't think it's dangerous?

I live in London, so i'm hoping this could be a hard water build up? Although previous posts have mentioned a valve? How would i find out which is which, and is it likely to cost me a limb?

Thanks!
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You sure it's got one kev, and not a magnetic flow sensor doobrie?

Sponsored Links
I've looked through the service manual. The fault finder suggests a list of things for "boiler does not supply DHW", and you're right, it suggest 3 diverter valve problems. I've looked up how much they cost, (Approx 100 quid, less VAT), so i'm assuming i'd need a new one, plus the nice man to fit it? Oh dear........... Now I have to look for a plumber in Hackney.

You almost certainly won't need a whole diverter valve. It's operated by a rubber diaphragm which has probably split. Much cheaper if you can find somewhere with one, boiler not mega common. NOt a big job.

tks for looking it up Kev - got a part number?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back