Biasi Riva Compact HE M96.24SM/C intermittent fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I'm hoping that someone may be able to assist me with an intermittent fault on my boiler. When I say intermittent, the fault will occur every day if I try to use the boiler as intended & the fault has been present for at least three years. The fault has saved me a fortune in gas over the years but my ever understanding wife is becoming less so!
Here's the deal:
  • The fault occurs both in DHW & C/H mode
  • The ignition sequence fails but only when at temperature.
  • If I get in the shower in the morning, I could have a 1 hour hot shower without any problems but once I turned the water off the next person would be very annoyed as the boiler would not reignite (unless they left it for 30 minutes or so).
  • When the fault occurs, The fan & pump will run until it has decided that sequence will not complete and then the diagnostic lights display constant red central light & simultaneously flashing green's on either side.
  • The boiler does not lock out.
  • Likewise when calling for DHW, the boiler will bring the system up to temperature but once the system needs to start cycling, it fails to ignite again.
  • The fault never occurs from cold, only when at temperature.
I think the diagnostic lights suggest a fault with the Full sequence ignition PCB but I looking for a knowledgeable person to back up this theory before going any further.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated; especially by the Mrs! Until then, I'll just keep burning logs! Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I would also like the manufacture date which is the last four digits of the serial number.

When was the boiler last properly serviced?

I suspect that I know what the fault is, but since we cannot give information on gas/combustion matters all I can say is that the best advice is to call a competent gas registered engineer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back