biasi riva compact he - pcb problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a problem with the above.

I was runnng a hot water tap and heard a bang from the boiler. I looked at the service manual.

I checked the plug/ fuse which are OK I then removed the pcb cover and the 2 fuses inside appear OK. I had a look around inside the pcb and there's an item marked r42 (i'm presuming this is a resistor but I honestly have no idea about these things!) which is partly blackened and looks like it has blown.

What do I do???

As I've said I honestly have no idea about these things so if anyonce replies please be aware of this as I probably won't understand any tech jargon.

Many thanks

Taza.

Sponsored Links
WHat you do is, you call a Corgi boiler engineer to investigate and repair! There's a chance that the resisitor might have blown because of some other component failure, but I doubt it. Tony will know because he's an agent for these things. The pcb's aren't, afaik, generally a problem.

I'll get a board out and look for R40 though!

cheers chris.

I'll hang on gfor a bit to see if you or anyone can potentially narrow down the root cause befor i call for an angineer...

appreciated.

Sponsored Links
R42 is a 100 ohm resistor in series with the gas valve.

It may have blown because the gas valve has failed.

The most common cause though is as a result of the bridge rectifier which feeds it having a failed 1N4007 diode.

It is potentially repairable if its the expected PCB fault. A new PCB is about £150.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back