Biasi Riva m96 locking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I'll try to be comprehensive here:
My Biasi boiler developed a fault where it was buzzing on start up but not firing up, the buzzing noise was from the ignition PCB which I replaced.
Now, it fires up straight away but locks out after a few seconds. The only way I can get it to come on and stay on is if I continually hit the reset button around 10 times in succession, then eventually it stops locking out and works just fine.
So my guess is maybe a faulty sensor.
Could anyone shed any light on this? I'd like to narrow it down if I can.
Thanks
Steve

Sponsored Links
The ignition control pcb controls several things, including gas pressures (which most likely will be the fault) and would need setting up with equipment that the DIYer wouldn't usually have. I would suggest getting a RGI in to check it out.
Is it OK for hot water, as I think it fires at a higher rate for hot water so it senses the flame better than for heating, which will fire at a lower rate.

It fires up straight away and with full flame and runs for several seconds, enough to heat the rads if I keep resetting as soon as it cuts out which is why I thought it could be a sensor. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the gas flow as the burners burn fully when I switch it on as they do when it stays running after several attempts at restarting.

Sponsored Links
Back