Bidet taps with popup waste- Can they all be used with any bidet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to buy a new bidet and taps with a popup waste.

There are loads of taps to choose from and I don't want to buy taps that aren't compatible with the bidet.

Are all popup waste taps suitable for any bidet?

Thanks

Stef

Sponsored Links
1. Many bidet taps are based on wash basin taps but with a swivelling end to the spout (with limited movement).
2. Search for "bidet mixer" taps on the internet.
3. If by "pop up" you mean the sort with a rod at the back of the tap to open, I find them generally OK, if a bit of a nuisance to fit.
4. The "click clack" type, where you push once to close and again to open are, in my experience, far more prone to failure. Some people call these pop up plugs.

Thanks both,

Yes it's the sort with a rod at the back that connects to the waste.

I'm looking at Victoria plumbing product code OLY03 (taps) and the Bidet NCS830.

I just need to know if the taps and bidet are compatible.

I've asked Victoria plumbing and havent had a reply after 2 days.

Thanks

Stef

Sponsored Links
1. They are compatible. The tap hole on the bidet is 35 mm in diameter, which is standard for basin / bidet wastes. The base of the body of the tap is 50 mm, so will cover the 35 mm hole sufficiently.
2. Again, wastes are pretty standard for basins and bidets, so I wouldn't have any concerns about the compatibility.

Thank you very much oldbuffer.
I'm keen to get started on the installation and I'll now order the bidet/taps.

Thanks again.
Stef

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back