Big bang v creation.

Something (call it god) is at the centre of all things. Never created and can never be destroyed (even science agrees that energy cannot be destroyed), but whatever it is, it is impossible for a finite mind to understand - and always will be. We don't even know how paracetamol works so why should we know where the universe came from?

Sponsored Links
Something (call it god) is at the centre of all things. Never created and can never be destroyed (even science agrees that energy cannot be destroyed), but whatever it is, it is impossible for a finite mind to understand - and always will be. We don't even know how paracetamol works so why should we know where the universe came from?

Some things never change.

Joe doesn't understand something, so nobody understands it.

What a numskull.

Well you clearly don't or you wouldn't be making such a knob of yourself. :rolleyes:

I think you are missing (or possibly avoiding) the point though joe. Let's agree there is an energy and we can call it what we like. You call it god. We also agree we know nothing whatsoever about it; where it came from, whether it was a conscious thing, whether it still exists, whether it was/is good or bad, whether there are more than one. (there may be many universes) You agree these things are completely unknown to us and beyond our comprehension. So why should we worship and give thanks to this unknown thing. How do we know this god is a good thing. How do we know our thanks are received and welcome. It makes no sense to randomly worship and give thanks to something we know nothing whatsoever about. Why would we do that?

Sponsored Links
Isaiah 13:11 wrote

I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.

Bring it on!

I think you are missing (or possibly avoiding) the point though joe. Let's agree there is an energy and we can call it what we like. You call it god. We also agree we know nothing whatsoever about it; where it came from, whether it was a conscious thing, whether it still exists, whether it was/is good or bad, whether there are more than one. (there may be many universes) You agree these things are completely unknown to us and beyond our comprehension. So why should we worship and give thanks to this unknown thing. How do we know this god is a good thing. How do we know our thanks are received and welcome. It makes no sense to randomly worship and give thanks to something we know nothing whatsoever about. Why would we do that?

I don't. However, it seems to me that you have two choices (not good and evil) but whether life has any point or if it is just a random event. I choose to believe that life has a reason and that through the passage of time in different lives in different universes that it will at some point become clear. Twenty million years from now, if man survives, there will be no death and no physical form. Computers will be in cyber space. The problem will be that the humans of tomorrow will have no way of experiencing anything and thus will not learn anything. Therefore we CHOOSE to take physical form, but it is not our natural form. Our natural form is non physical (call it spirit if you like). We are in the classroom. One day, all will become clear.

I have no idea how my computer works but I prostrate myself daily and give thanks to the god, or whatever else it is, inside my computer that has the good grace to make it start up every time I press the on button. :LOL:

I didn't expect you to have any technical knowledge. :rolleyes:

How can we when there is more than one of them? We must be a 'part' of God. Simple maths proves that much.

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”[a]
20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

It's spot on.

It's bunkum.

Tell me how much I have to blaspeme in order for god to kill me and I will take it on as a personal challenge !

Gog is non existant!!! - where was the cyclone? not over my house!!

God is a dick!! - who was trampled in a religious pilgrimage? not me!!

Let me add a rider... I only state these examples to ridicule the notion of religion, but I fully respect those that died in these tragic events... an unfortunate act of mother nature !!

Sponsored Links
Back