Big garage build roof help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks. Im looking to build a big garage and just now im looking at 7m wide by 6m deep.

im unsure if im best for a flat roof or a pitched roof. what would people suggest as in easiest to do. will i need extra support for a garage that wide. any tips and pointers will be great.

i will sort out planning etc but just looking at whats best so i can look at cost etc first.

Sponsored Links
Is 'easiest to do' the criteria? If so, it's corrugated sheets.

Building that size will need building regs. Flat you'll need v chunky rafters, steel may be cheaper. Single or double pitch you can use trusses or chunky rafters if you want to keep the headroom.
Tin sheets for the roof are easy but prone to condensation. Have a look at GRP sheets- had no condensation probs with mine, lots of daylight but very noisy when the bl**dy seagulls are dancing on them!
IMG_20190907_122705381_HDR.jpg IMG_20190907_122746120.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back