Big hole in basement floor!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ah! I don't know why my message didn't post yesterday, but here goes again...

I was preparing my basement floor for wood flooring, and began to chip away some loose cement so that I could level it with some leveling cement. I chipped away with very little effort right through 2 inches of cement right into Sand! I kept going and now have a 11 inch hole in my basement floor.

My guess is that the whole floor is like this (2 inches of cement on top of sand). My question is: Do I definetely need to rip up the entire floor and redo properly with gravel and then cement, or would it be okay if I just fill the hole that I made, and try not to spread the hole any farther?
David

Sponsored Links
if you were to bodge it n run, you could fill the hole in, but by the sounds of it, this floor needs relaying with a proper damp proof membrane. Certainly needs doing if the basement is to be habitable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back