BIG hole in plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, i managed to accidentaly put a big hole in a plastered wall. it was pretty thin. neway, moneys tight so i dont know if i can afford to pay someone to help me out. i kno that if the hole was smaller i would just fill it in (i hope thats right :D ) but cause this is a big hole, i dont really kno wat to do. i was thinking there might be some kind of filler that would do the job, but was worried about the weight on the wall below.

Can anyone help me out?

Sponsored Links
Yeh its prob about the size of a football to be honest. Its quite big. Thanks for the reply. Hope you can help

I used Polycell ready mix plaster for something similar and it worked a treat.

Sponsored Links
Is it plasterboard or plaster? What's behind it?

If its plasterboard,cut out the damaged plasterboard to make a square.Then get a strip of batten or 2 depending on the size of the hole, cut it longer than the hole.Now screw the battening behind the the hole(2 screws either side of the hole should be fine).Now cut a new piece of plasterboard slightly smaller than the hole.Then screw the plasterboard to the battening with drywall screws.All thats left now is to skim it with plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back