Big pipe/cable holes through brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some rather large holes between my garage and main house where previous owners/contractors have installed pipes and electric cables (boiler and meters in the garage area)
- half a brick width with some cables to the upstairs underfloor
- a whole brick removed for CH/Water to upstairs underfloor
- halfish brick width x two brick high for CH/Water to the downstairs underfloor

I'd really like to seal these to some extent, not sure the best thing though - stuff rockwool or similar in, expanding foam?Appearance isn't really important as its only on the garage wall side, but it might help keep drafts and critters out.

Sponsored Links
Duct tape around area will keep clean.
Cut Thermilate block with hand saw. Sand and cement cut blocks in.
Pull duck tape off leaving it tidy.
Clean polymer to seal any gaps

Duct tape around area will keep clean.
Cut Thermilate block with hand saw. Sand and cement cut blocks in.
Pull duck tape off leaving it tidy.
Clean polymer to seal any gaps
would you do this around the existing pipes/cables, they are still in use so it isnt just a brick shaped hole, but big gaps around the pipes/cables going through the wall. Here is one example (and no access to insert big chunks in this one, but could stuff it with something)
1713170581307.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back