Biojet wirlpool bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've just bought an ex display biojet wirlpool bath with no fitting instructions? please can someone explain how to attach to main power.
it has a main power lead from the motor pump.
next room against the wall where the bath is to be situated is a socket can a spur be put next to this to power from?
my house was built 2006 so im guessing upto date elec box ect.

thanks for your help

andy

Sponsored Links
Doubt your consumer unit is to spec from 2006 and are you aware that this work is notifyable to your LABC.

Don't guess.

Post some pix of your CU, the supply coming into your house & the kit you want to connect.

Try googling it for instructions, or give the mfr a bell. They'll know more about their kit than we will.

Sponsored Links
my house was built 2006 so im guessing upto date elec box ect.

Dont count on it. The 17th edition started in 2008.

All work you do has to conform to the 17th edition. The major thing that might apply is RCD protection of all circuits in a bathroom and cable buried less than 50mm in a wall, ceiling or floor. So if you're adding this bath, you'll need to ensure the circuit is RCD protected. If not, then you must add an RCD locally to protect the entire section of new wiring you provide.

Also, Part P applies to this work. Which means you have three options:

1. Call a registered electrician and have him do the work.
2. Do the work yourself, but notify your local authority's building control dept beforehand and pay their fee (£60-200 for minor works). LABC will issue certs upon them testing your work.
3. Do the work yourself but break the law (many do, either knowingly or not - ignorance of the law is no defence). You may have trouble selling the house in future if work has been done with no certs.

(The above is a summary of the link ban-all-sheds posted). What YOU need to know.

The work you wish to do involves taking a fused spur from a local socket circuit (using an RCD SPUR if you need to), running a cable to the bath, and using an appropriate junction box under the bath to connect it.

Steve your last post was a good one up to the point were you offer the op advice on what needs to be done

i.e.....
The work you wish to do involves taking a fused spur from a local socket circuit (using an RCD SPUR if you need to), running a cable to the bath, and using an appropriate junction box under the bath to connect it.

There are other factors to be considered..i.e.

Condition of Main Earthing

Condition of Main Protective Bonding

Assesment of presence of RCD protection of other circuits in the room which may or may not then require additional supplementary bonding

....Overall not a job for anyone not fully conversant with the Regs !

spark1, you are correct that I did forget to mention those things, but given his house was built in 2006 I dont think they will be issues.

Ah yes - I forgot that by 2006 there were no incompetent or slapdash electrical contractors left, and all the builders who cared more about profit than quality had retired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back