Biomass boilers and thermal stores....

Can we see the photos of your installation and the buffer tank connections?

Tony

I wouldn't call 187Ltr much of a buffer tank Tony??!! If it's a gasification boiler its farting at thunder. But Jason big ball.x is happy with a phone call from Sweden...... :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links

Tony

Hi Tony.

you could do but....

A: Its not here till December
B: It doesn't use one as its got an intergrated buffer and is designed to work more like a normal oil boiler

What exactly is it you like/why? If you look at the manual for the one I'm getting you'll see the details etc :)

Tony

Hi Tony.

you could do but....

B: It doesn't use one as its got an intergrated buffer and is designed to work more like a normal oil boiler

What exactly is it you like/why? If you look at the manual for the one I'm getting you'll see the details etc :)

Only it isn't like an oil boiler. An oil boiler you can switch on and off instantly whereas a biomass boiler carries on burning. To avoid wasting fuel and short cycling which will reduce the life of the boiler you need a decent sized buffer vessel.

Tony

I wouldn't call 187Ltr much of a buffer tank Tony??!! If it's a gasification boiler its farting at thunder. But Jason big ball.x is happy with a phone call from Sweden...... :LOL: :LOL:

I don't know why there's so much negativity about a bloody boiler!? Have a look though the manual/brochure and you'll see how it works.

Sponsored Links

Tony

Hi Tony.

you could do but....

Only it isn't like an oil boiler. An oil boiler you can switch on and off instantly whereas a biomass boiler carries on burning. To avoid wasting fuel and short cycling which will reduce the life of the boiler you need a decent sized buffer vessel.

I know its not an oil boiler, you can't find a bad word said about them. Its the control side that makes them work efficiently. Its designed from Domestic use from the off, if you do some research there's a fair few that don't run like 'normal' boimass boilers.

Got it all sorted today. Delivered/connected/setup/commissioned with a few extra parts included.

Everyone's happy.

So you did NOT get it all sorted today then? Not "Delivered/connected/setup/commissioned with a few extra parts included".

So its not what you have said here then.

And to think you could have got a normal gas boiler within a couple of weeks and for about £3.5 k and at a fraction of the cost of your order for later delivery and installation, hopefully before Christmas.

Tony

Got it all sorted today. Delivered/connected/setup/commissioned with a few extra parts included.

Everyone's happy.

So you did NOT get it all sorted today then? Not "Delivered/connected/setup/commissioned with a few extra parts included".

So its not what you have said here then.

And to think you could have got a normal gas boiler within a couple of weeks and for about £3.5 k and at a fraction of the cost of your order for later delivery and installation, hopefully before Christmas.

Tony

I did point that out. Sorted as in ordered with the rest included. Jeeezz.

Yes and to think I could have spent 3.5k on a gas boiler..... Or buy a biomass and get 3x the cost back over 7 years. I really wish I had gone for the gas option.....

The biomass will be in before Christmas, its one of the agreements as there's a 10% reduction in rates after the new year.

An oil boiler you can switch on and off instantly whereas a biomass boiler carries on burning. To avoid wasting fuel and short cycling which will reduce the life of the boiler you need a decent sized buffer vessel.

You're quite right this especially concerns wood pellet boilers.
They are becoming extreemely popular judging by wood pellet offers
http://ukrfuel.com/wood-pellets-b327.html

As a thread update, I've plumbed the house and 'boiler room' ready for its arrival. It arrived in the country last week, gets delivered to me on Friday, commissioning on the 17th. Can't wait as its getting nippy now with the bathroom at 8Deg!

Hi Jason - please keep the thread updated , I`m interested as I`m in a rural area . Not for myself but friends etc.

Hi Jason - please keep the thread updated , I`m interested as I`m in a rural area . Not for myself but friends etc.

Will do. All the gear arrived today. managed to get a 300kg boiler through the house into its new resting place. Silo is built, just a few bits to bolt onto it, wire the external weather sensor and room thermostats back to it.

I'll put some pics up when the rooms 'tidy' so you can see whats there. The good news is that the rates are only going down by 10% in January so it'll still be a 'no-brainer' for lots of people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back