Birds Mouth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

What is the easiest way to create a birdsmouth for mounting on a wall plate or does anybody know of any good websites, been trying all afternoon and cant seem to get it right.

Cheers
Stan :evil:

Sponsored Links
The problem with these is that normally the rafter will rotate from a point at the top cut, and so the cut you've done is out unless you allow for this.

Its a bit complicated to describe, but there are some posts in the roofing section on these cuts - search for roofing square or rafter cuts etc - I asked a question previously in [about] March 2007 about how to use a roofing square to mark the angles

Sponsored Links
I think ive worked it out now guys, gonna try it today on a bit of stock wood so i dont waste me 6x2.

The end that connects to the bearing plate will be cut at 22 degrees, the birdsmouth will then have a 22 degree back cut and the other would be 68 degrees thus making the 90 degrees that the wall plate sits at.

I think ive got that right anyway. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back