Bissell 9400E pro heat turbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have only used this cleaner 4 times....(can't find receipt, so Bissell want to charge me).

Filled it up yesterday and did about 5 minutes of cleaning, then.... BANG!. It felt like something blew in the top half of the cleaner, and there was a horrible smell.... sort of like garlic.The trip went on my house electrics, got that turned back on and tried again... this time no "bang" but the main trip went again.

This evening hubby and I took the cleaner apart,and had a look inside, the PCB looks OK....(no blackened bits, or cracked solder)He checked various bits with a circuit tester.... all seemed OK.

I did read on the net that this model is a bit tempermental.

Something had gone bag and let off that awful garlic smell, any ideas guys.

TIA
Lynn

Sponsored Links
You have several switches in the top half of the cleaner (handle) common cause of a bang in that part is a broken supply lead usually near where it enters the machine (can be internal break so not always visible)

Leccy...Changed the main lead with a known good one... still blows the trip.

I did read that it could be an earth problem on the motor, looks like it's going to be a whole strip down, it a right royal pain in the bum getting to the flippin motor. Grrrrr.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back