Bit of help with an Accenta6 please..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have an Accenta6 alarm system and need to remove zone 2 due to the wall being knocked down that contains the door contact. I have opened the box and disconected the wires to Zone 2 including the tamper wires.
However when I go to try and set the alarm now I have the problem that Zone 2 isnt there.
Is there a way I can permanently remove Zone 2 from the system?
I have the user guides etc and it mentions omitting zones but also that the control system can prevent me from turning off a zone.

An engineers manual would be great as I will probably want to install this zone again in the future as a PIR if this is possible.

One other point Zone 2 controlled 2 door contacts the one above and another one which is also no longer required, whereas the main one had a 6 wire going to it the second one just has a 2 wire, I cant see where these join.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Worz

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the fast responce Breezer.

Do you mean just put a piece of wire between the 2 terminals of zone 2?

The Tamper part is just a big chocolate bloc 1st tamper goes into 1 and 2 second goes into 2 and 3 etc, so far i have removed the zone 2 tamper and moved the wiring for zone 1 up?

Hope this makes sense?

Sponsored Links
Could someone point me in the direction of 2 cheapish PIR's for this system.

Thanks again

google

they do not have to be specific to your panel (but you do get what you pay for)

After my previous success :)

I now want to install a PIR in the zone 2 i previously linked out.

I am pretty sure i know how to wire it, looking at the others, however the red and black wires(power i am assuming) need to be added to an already stuffed hole, when i remove all the reds for example the alarm sounds!
As the hole is quite tight it will take me a while to sort this out, is there a way to stop the alarm sounding at this point?

Cheers

Worz

Connect the wires that are going to the sounder (12v+ and 0v- Hold off) to the battery terminals.

After my previous success :)

I now want to install a PIR in the zone 2 i previously linked out.

I am pretty sure i know how to wire it, looking at the others, however the red and black wires(power i am assuming) need to be added to an already stuffed hole, when i remove all the reds for example the alarm sounds!
As the hole is quite tight it will take me a while to sort this out, is there a way to stop the alarm sounding at this point?

Cheers

Worz

If the alarm sounds when you remove the detector supply wires (multiple red and blacks) then it's been wired wrong. You need to find which red and black cause the bell to ring when you remove them and move them over to the + and - supply for the bell box (bottom right side of the board, terminal D is + for the red wire and terminal A is - for the black wire)

The cable should be labeled "bell" or "SAB".

That way, you can work on the detector supplies without disturbing the bell wiring. Best way of solving the problem of too many conductors in the terminals is to take them to a piece of 5A choc block first, and then to the terminals on the board.

Thanks very much for your help, I will have another look at the weekend.

Worz

The fuses you require are 2 x 1.6a 20mm (bell, strobe,13v)&(battery)
A 1.0amp fuse is required for the remote keypad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back