accenta honeywell help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
can you help please just bought the honeywell accenta ade gen 4 alarm
i have a few questions if you can help please

1. can i install a pir in a bathroom if so does it need to be a speciall pir ?

2.can`t remember how to install 2 door contacts in the in the pcb board into zone 1
why i ask is i have left my old pir on the walls and my front and back doors contacts which i have had for some 8 years all working fine
but i have 4 wires in back door contact and 3 wires in front door contact
in the booklet i have with the new alarm it only shows 2 wires into a door contact ( no tamper wires )

3. can i leave not connecting the tamper system to the pcb board
as it is now new the tamper is in a closed circit with a pin in the tamper zone will the system work ok without connecting tamper to the alarm

thank you all for reading sorry for going on a bit
thank you paul

Sponsored Links
I wouldnt fit a pir in a bathroom.
You can do without tampers if you want to.
Take a bit of time to check out the door contact wiring , the 2 silver screws are the "switch" , and wire them to their own circuit.

hello and thank you
how would i wire the 2 door contacts on 1 zone
thank you paul

Imagine you wire the contacts using the blue and yellow pairs , back at the control panel connect the blue from one pair to the yellow of the other..then connect the remaining blue and yellow pair into your zone terminals.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't fit a pir in a bathroom.

Just out of interest, why do you recommend not fitting a PIR in the bathroom?

Have to admit that I have done so because the bathroom opens to a balcony.

Thanks,

Rex

Moisture, they are not IP rated and may fall foul of Part P.

part p ? are they 240v pirs ? lol have fitted pyronix magnums in bathrooms before with no problems at all.

part p ? are they 240v pirs ? lol have fitted pyronix magnums in bathrooms before with no problems at all.

7671 names special locations, Builiding regs (part P ) names a kitchen as a special installation, in both of these (therefore kitchens and bathrooms) running ELV, signalling, communications (therefore) burglar/fire alarms etc is notifiable. if run in a kitchen or bathroom.

Or did I miss something?

By all means correct if wrong.

Thanks for the explanation. I figured it was something to do with possible heat/humidity affecting the operation.

Part P is important, but there are zones, and the PIR is way out of zone 3. The only trouble could be if one was to place ones foot in the toilet bowl the stretch up to about 2.4m!

Rex

so ELV is part of part P then??

well you learn something new every day

how many times have you fitted a PIR/Dualtech to a kitchen AND informed the local authority then? me NEVER.!!!

how are you supposed to test the system in accordance with BS7671 (other than the spur)

i really don't think i would like to loop test a PIR via my megger !!

Oasis

Part P is important, but there are zones, and the PIR is way out of zone 3. The only trouble could be if one was to place ones foot in the toilet bowl the stretch up to about 2.4m!
Rex

There is no Zone 3 defined by BS7671, and the room in its entirety is classed as a special location.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back