Honeywell Accenta - fault when PIR is triggered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Over the weeks I have been installed a Accenta system in my house. Its a new build and the builder ran all the wires for the cables (he plastered over 2 of them so had to use a wire tracer to find them)

The unit went in okay and I have doen all the tests in and all the doors and triggers are working okay.

The problem is, when I set the alarm the door unit works fine but the PIR units show as a fault and do not set off the alarm. I am sure I set the wires correctly.

When I unset the alarm it shows the zones with the PIR that was triggered as F.

Now... the only thing I didn't do was set the tamper on the PIR's, I left the short on the control unit which I thought would work okay... I have also tried shorting the tamper circuit on the PIR's but that didn't work. Does the tamper circuit need to be properly wired with the PIR's to work? Its messy wiring to conenct all the tampers together.

Sponsored Links
Is it am LCD keypad, sounds like it.
Did you name the zone \"F\"?

Go back to the beginning as your only \"sure\" you wired it correctly.
Link out everything and repower. It should be all clear then add each item at a time and programme it and test it.
You will find where you went wrong eventually.

Ermmm.

I might have made a boo boo. I didn't realise that the alarm was set to not sound the alarm for 15 minutes by default so when I saw the F on the LCD display it just meant what was triggered. I set the alarm to go off instantly and it worked fine.

I really don't like the fact it throws a tizzy when the control panel is inside a zone.

Sponsored Links
Ermmmmmmm it is defaulted to IA instant alarm. So you had pressed something.

A tizzy when panel is in a zone?
You got the onboard keypad and a PIR looking at it and its not on \"Entry\". Could explain the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back