Constant Tamper Fault on Honeywell PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a Honyewell Accenta G4 system setup in our house with control panel, 6 x PIR and 3 x door contacts.

A few months ago we were having occasional issues of two of the PIRs setting off the alarm with a tamper fault. I checked ALL of the wiring on both the PIR ends and the Control Panel and all was correct and solid.

So eventually i put a loop into the tamper circuit on the control panel just on the PIRs so that i would effectively turn off the tamper just for the interal PIRs.

It was then all fine for months.

Then yesterday the alarm was set off again at 5am with a tamper fault on one of the internal PIRs, which should not be possible.

Does anyone know what i should do?

I will check the wiring again and will look into replacing the PIR or maybe even replacing the Circuit Board in the control panel.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
how do you know it was from one of the pirs, given that you linked out a global tamper?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I know it's one specific PIR, as the keyboard says Tamper Fault Connection #3 on the screen.

Connection #3 is a single PIR.

The false alarms have always been either Connection #3 and #5 which are both internal PIRs.

We've never had faults with either keyboard or either bell box which are on seperate tamper circuits.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Didn't think the accenta did eol on each zones ? So how your getting a tamper on a certain zone is a mystery?

I am struggling to understand how you could loop out tampers in the alarm panel for a specific device.

the way alarm panels work is they use a
:global tamper (normally closed) the tampers from each device linked in series (this will not give a device specific tamper error)
:a zone alarm and zone tamper (double pole) this will give a separate zone tamper.
:resistors, two wires like normally closed but the resistances are used to determine if a zone is in alarm or in tamper. this will give a separate tamper.

Didn't think the accenta did eol on each zones ? So how your getting a tamper on a certain zone is a mystery?

Hi,

I have looked on the system Log again, and maybe i was wrong.

If is saying "F" under zone 3 and everything else including TP is set at 0.

okay, so all this tells me is zone 3 was the first to trigger and only zone 3.

so you set the alarm on an evening and where are zones 3 and 5 located?

Hi,

Zone 3 is in the middle of the house (living room). All externals doors have contacts and there is no way to get to that without passing other rooms / PIRs.

So F doesn't mean fault??

the answer according to manual is not, if any subsequent zones are activated it is didplayed as a 1.

so zone 3 followed by zone 5 would be;-

12345678 TP
00F01000 00

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back