Texecom pw pir tamper error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have been gaining much valuable help reading this forum over the past months, enough to get my new premier 48w system up and running.
I have the system installed and working with ricochet PIRs and 3 wired door contacts with tamper all daisy chained up in a loop.
I wanted to add one pir to the landing, and thought I'd make use of old wiring left from the previous install.
This is wired to last zone on the panel (all of the other three are for hard wired door contacts)
I just want the simplist way to get this pir working. I wired it In with power and to zone 4, but no matter what I do with the tamper, I get tamper error. Inside the pir I have the jumpers set as 4k7 and 2k2 for larm and tamper respectively. If I just short the control end of this pir tamper wire should this not work without error?
I also tried to wire in the tamper to the constant loop with the door contacts, but this doesnt work either, I read this might have something to do with the resistance values of the door contacts....
I'm not overly concerned with a tamper loop on this single pir, so would be happy for a bypass/work around.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
When you say "it", where exactly and how would I go about looking for the short?
I have just had another idea, I could just close the tamper loop at the Pir end by shorting the terminals and try that.....

Sponsored Links
Get a short piece of cable and wire it directly on to the panel ....this will rule out any wiring issues , also check what zone type wiring zone 4 is set to e.g. Eol/ normally closed ect , it will need to be eol , then check what resistor values as the panel can be changed to use different values per zone....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back