Texecom PIR EOL confirmation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, as you may be aware from my other posts, I've been upgrading an old G3 alarm system using the installed wiring but all new components and have installing a Texecom Premier Elite 24 using Texecom Premier Elite Compact PIRs (and some other stuff). This post is specific to the PIRs.

The good news is that the system is working. I've wired it double pole (because that is basically how the old system was wired and the two PIR zones (3 PIRs per zone) have a global tamper using the Aux/Tamp and it all works. The PIRs are programmed as 'normally closed' as is, of course by default, the Aux/Tamp circuit. It's all tested, alarms when expected, shows tamper when I pop off a PIR cover, etc. so I'm happy and *could* leave it all working.

However, I'm retired, we are in lock down (in Wales) and it's raining (it's Wales) so I'm sorely tempted to rewire the PIR circuits using an EOL approach which is the approach recommended by by the professionals. I've been reading up on this an my understanding is as follows:

Each PIR zone forms a single loop and only two terminals (1 & 4 in the image below) are used. The zone wire leaves the control panel terminal, comes into terminal 1 of PIR 1 and then out of terminal 4 to the next PIR terminal 1 and so on until the end of the line when the wire exiting terminal 4 on the final PIR goes back into the remaining zone terminal on the control panel. This is then programmed as EOL/Double Pole.

The circuit is completed between terminals 1 & 2 by a 4K7 resistor and between 2 & 3 by a 2K2 resistor and between 3 & 4 by the nature of the lid being on and therefore the tamper circuit being closed. So far, hopefully, so good.

pir.png

I understand that these PIRs have inbuilt resistors which I believe to be the jumpers on the left numbered 5 & 6 above. With 5 being the alarm and 6 being tamper. However, try as I might, I've been unable to understand why there are four sets of jumpers (A, B, C & D) per set.

I think (from viewing pictures of other installations) that set A are the correct values (i.e. 4K7 for alarm & 2K2 for tamper). However, if that is correct, I fail to understand why B, C & D are provided. What is the point of them?

I've failed to find this information either in the manual or online.

Any guidance gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
The answer is in the manual for the PIRs.
A, B, C & D provide different resistance values to make the PIRs compatible with alarm panels from various manufacturers.
A = 4k7 Alarm & 2k2 Tamper which is correct for Texecom
B= 1k Alarm & 1k Tamper
C= 6k8 Alarm & 4k7 Tamper
D= 5k6 Alarm & 5k6 Tamper
As you are using a Texecom panel you want the jumper in position A for both alarm and tamper.

@pcaouolte Many thanks. My PIRs came without manuals and I've clearly been unable to find the correct manuals online. Much appreciate your input.

The new capture pir's should make it easier.

texecom have the manuals on there website and Texecom Pro app, although supposed to be an installer to have access

Sponsored Links
@secureiam I did apply to join the Texecom support forum as a 'hobbyist' but haven't heard anything :(

Not sure who is approving accounts on there, but they will probably do approvals in batches.
I am currently not on that forum after I recently deleted my account.

The forum itself isn't the way to get manuals as such, all the manuals that are on the Texecom website can usually be found be a google search in any respect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back