Tamper Circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Premier Elite System and every PIR is wired as "Normally Closed". I have the two alarm wires and 2 power wires from each PIR that I have wired into the control panel. Everything now works and we use the alarm on a regular basis.

Q. I have also wired the two tamper wires at the PIR but just left these dormant in the panel. So I have lots of these tamper wires just rolled up inside the panel. Are there any merits to having a tamper loop and can someone explain the benefit of this in simple terms please. I may then also need to understand how I wire these but I am taking baby steps :)

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
That control panel EOL.
Why would you want a global tamper circuit when you can have EOL .
This will identify individual tampers on each device.
Just 're wire the pirs or use the jumpers on the pirs.
The instruction manual shows clearly how to wire EOL.
Post photo of your pir wiring for help

There is only 1 wire to move inside the PIR, slect the correct jumpers and its done at the PIR end and then its just the panel the zone that needs programming.

The instructions are very clear in the PIR manual, so just follow it.

The PIR's are elite QD's in the most part and DT in the shed?

Thanks for the responses guys. Here's a picture of the PIR wiring. Yes, I am using Elite QD's for everything (including garage and loft currently. Will switch these to DT as per earlier advice). In my tool shed I opted for a heavy duty door contact in the end.

I absolutely want to do this properly but have never wired alarms in a way other than this. I've never used resistors for instance. Thanks again.

Attachments

• pir.jpg
    pir.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 377
Sponsored Links
That's not a proper texecom QD that's the cheaper compact quad no wonder it false alarmed in the shed

sorry, my bad. It's the
upload_2018-8-1_11-15-22.png
PIR. Is that still prone to false alarms?

You can see the EOL marked terminals?

Those are the terminals you want for EOL.
Then there should be a means of selecting 4k7 alarm and 2k2 Tamper.

Then make sure that the same wires are wired into the panel zone.

either

remove white and green at the PIR, and swap the white at the panel for the yellow you are using for the tamper and link out the global tamper.

or remove green and yellow at the pir and wire the white wire to where the yellow one was. If wired to the keypad then maybe different depending n how you wired it there.

Hi Guys,
I am really keen to adopt this method of wiring but still don't understand this :(

I thought I would wait for the delivery of my new Optex DT's and follow the instructions but there is nothing on this type of wiring and the use of resistors. This is all I have:

If someone can send me a picture of the config at the PIR, panel and help me relate this to my current image, that would be immensely helpful. Once I have done one, I can repeat this across all devices.

Thanks again

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 244
Thanks @Handymanjo. That’s really helpful.
Can I please confirm that I need to fit both of these resistors?
Also, are the cables from the alarm and tamper then connecting to the two zone terminals on the panel?

Yes you need 2.2k and 4.7k resistors as per diagram
If using elite 24 then put both wires into to each zone for each device

OK, I am finally getting my head around this. Thanks for bearing with me!
Presumably the same applies to my other Pyronix PIR's?

Here's what I have understood based on what I have currently:
upload_2018-9-11_7-48-19.png

The blue and white connect to the two zone terminals on the panel (the two tampers and LED are not connected at the panel). Based on your advice, I will leave red, black blue as is. switch the white cable to the second terminal of the EOL and fit the resistors as per your diagram. This should mean that no change is required at the panel if I have understood this correctly?

If it helps - here is an example picture of one of my PIR's showing the resistors in place across the alarm and tamper terminals.

Attachments

• P1040762.JPG
    P1040762.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 276

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back