Tamper Circuit

Thanks for all the swift responses guys. Really appreciate it!
This is the current config of my PIR. The blue and white are connected to the zone terminals (on panel) along with the two power wires to their terminals. All others wires are currently disconnected at the panel end.

Based on the above, would it be easier to replace the yellow with the white (as blue and white are already connected to panel terminals) and then disconnect green, yellow and brown permanently? I then just need to places these jumpers as suggested and program the keypad to use this configuration instead of the currently "Normally Closed".

Seem okay?

Attachments

• pir.jpg
    pir.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
Can someone please verify the above? I’d like to make these changes ASAP based on the suggestions I’ve had from this forum.
Thanks in advance

Pir picture shows blue and yellow for EOL Wiring. Therefore you should have blue and yellow in control panel as already stated. You need to read and understand what members are telling you in these posts as we seem to be going over old ground.

Thanks @Handymanjo. I think we are in agreement?
Your suggesting that blue and yellow need to be connected to the panel based on the current PIR config. I'm asking if it would be simpler to replace the yellow with white wire on the PIR (blue and white are connected to panel zone terminals) as this would mean that I only need to make changes at the PIR end and not the panel? This would be easier to get to and I could also disconnect the disused wires at the same time. I hope I am not barking up the wrong tree?

Sponsored Links
Hi All,
I was hoping someone can confirm or deny the above please before I set on making this change.
One further question please: once I've configured this EOL wiring using the on-board resistors, what do I select in the circuit type on the keypad? This is currently set to "Normally Closed".

Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back