Bitcoin robberies

Sponsored Links
Forgive my incredible stupidity, but isn't this Bitcoin lark like Alchemy - Lead into gold ? But then lead is a real thing and has a real value :unsure: Up+ down drawers - is the chest lying on it's back ?

In the end it won't be just another manipulated currency. The banks need to destroy it & this is just one of their weapons. This is nothing but a blip in the history of bitcoin, it has many years ahead of it.

They cannot destroy it, they cannot see that trying to destroy it will eventually be there downfall . . . There, said it !

Like the internet - they will simply create laws to control it.

Sponsored Links
Forgive my incredible stupidity, but isn't this Bitcoin lark like Alchemy - Lead into gold ? But then lead is a real thing and has a real value :unsure: Up+ down drawers - is the chest lying on it's back ?

You still don't understand Bitcoin do you?

It wasn't created to become a speculative commodity, it was created to help the global economy overcome the foul stench of corruption in the banking system.

Last edited:
Kicked myself I didn't buy some in 2013. Kept telling myself to do it and now a bitcoin that was worth about £30 is now worth over 10 grand.

JohnD, your usual comical self :ROFLMAO::mrgreen:

Just had a mental image of johnd barely being able to afford bargain basement tinnys after everyone has withdrawn their £ and bought bitcoin and there's no money for social care, and he's sat there in his filthy, stella stained christmas jumper from 1982 with no heating or electric. No money for internet either so he can't come on here and moan about it, what a glorious thought. Off I go to masturbate.

it has no intrinsic value.

It's worth what you think it is.

So are these
kauri1.jpg
3000.jpg

_65436606_1993-237a4.jpg

For the same reason.

Only one of which has its value backed by an organisation which has a shred of reliability. It isn't the Cowrie shell and it isn't the Bitcoin.

"Bitcoin continues to give its investors a volatile ride. This week it has lost more than a third of its value from its record high of nearly $20,000.

On Friday, the cryptocurrency's price fell below $11,000, according to
the Coindesk exchange website, before recovering to about $12,000.

This puts it on track for its worst week since 2013.

Bitcoin has had a blistering trip over the past 12 months. Its price at the start of the year was $1,000.

Charles Hayter, founder and chief executive of industry website Cryptocompare, said: "A manic upward swing led by the herd will be followed by a downturn as the emotional sentiment changes.""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42457983

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Nevertheless, if you wanted a pound coin for a shell, I wouldn't pay twenty pounds just to get a pound coin to pay you.

update

"Bitcoin volatility sees trades suspended on certain exchanges"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42457983

_99333720_bitcoin2212-2_png.jpg

"The exchanges have automatic brakes that apply once a commodity or asset has moved by a certain amount.

That happened on both the CME and CBOE exchanges, precipitating brief halts in trading.

One of Bitcoin's major exchanges, Coinbase, also suspended buying and selling of the crypto-currency amid rapid changes in value.

What do people say about Bitcoin?
Regulators around the world have stepped up their warnings about its provenance as an investment.

Its origins are only barely understood, its volatility is extreme and its use as a currency is limited."

"One of this week's most striking comments comes from Denmark's central bank governor, who called it a "deadly" gamble.

Earlier this month, the head of one of the UK's leading financial regulators warned people to be ready to "lose all their money" if they invested in Bitcoin.

Andrew Bailey, head of the Financial Conduct Authority, told the BBC that neither central banks nor the government stood behind the "currency" and therefore it was not a secure investment."

No doubt Hawkeye's busy placing Buy orders with his free hand.

Sponsored Links
Back