Biting your tongue at work

That is a common strategy among managers who have nothing to really manage.
A certain cardboard box company I worked at had a meeting each morning to discuss what the afternoon meeting would be about. Morning meeting was scheduled to last 15 minutes but usually ran to an hour because they were sat down drinking tea/coffee. The afternoon ones were scheduled for 1 hour and finished after 1 hour because it was time to go home and they were salaried as opposed to hourly paid. The same sort of thing would happen at departmental meetings where there were chairs. We got a new boss in the maintenance dept and I was one of the first to be introduced to him. Part of our chat involved him asking my opinion on what changes I would like to see that may improve efficiency. My reply was, "Remove all chairs from the room when having a briefing meeting and don't allow snacks/drinks. The meeting will be finished in 10-15 minutes. He implemented it on his first full week as new manager and it worked every time.

Sponsored Links
Hear me: the more you take the **** and stand up to managers, the more they'll let you do whatever you want without ever challenging you.
This is because in the past 10 years or so, managerial positions have not been given to people who can manage, but to incompetent, arrogant, illiterate and egocentric individuals always ready to say no to any request and upset staff.
On demand they carry out dirty jobs for the higher management.
Eventually they get sacked because they get the blame for such dirty jobs.
Then the cycle restarts.

Sponsored Links
Back