Black aligned dots on brickwork

For a two year old new build, the builders did a great job of making it look over 100 years old.

Is it timber framed? North facing? Just on that elevation?

Sponsored Links
For a two year old new build, the builders did a great job of making it look over 100 years old.

Is it timber framed? North facing? Just on that elevation?
Wall is SW facing and yes, the rust/spots are only on this wall elevation. It’s been a couple of months since but no new spots have appeared, nor have the current spots increased in size.

Sponsored Links
Just out of intetest, OP, have you tried oxallic acid (bought as crystals from the pharmacy, finishing houses, deco centres and even Amazon and added to water) on one spot? If it is carbon it won't have an effect - if it is iron based it should disappear or at least be reduced in intensity

I reckon you should be OK. If you hit blavk plastic then the DPM is too high - any other services should be deeper in any case

Just out of intetest, OP, have you tried oxallic acid (bought as crystals from the pharmacy, finishing houses, deco centres and even Amazon and added to water) on one spot? If it is carbon it won't have an effect - if it is iron based it should disappear or at least be reduced in intensity
Thanks for the idea, will try this over the coming days.

I have also tried involving the NHBC, but they have no interest whatsoever.

Informed me they do not cover preventative repairs or potential damage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back