Black Alkathene pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wanting to connect on to black alkathene pipe, do the still sell fittings and liners for this?

Sponsored Links
ok it looks about 22mm is this the standard size for Alkathene pipe or does it come in many sizes. At the moment it is joined by brass comperssion fittings.

Sponsored Links
I think Philmac do fittings to adapt from black to anything else. If you can cut a bit off and take it to your local plumbers merchants they should be able to help.

Philmac do indeed do universal connectors....but you need the INSIDE diameter ie 3/8's 1/2 inch etc so you can get the correct insert.....they are all colour coded

they are all colour coded. Are you refering to the universal couplings ?

Sorry....the inserts are all colour coded.....if memory serves me right 3/8's is white. The universal couplers come in various sizes.......15-25mm 20-28mm etc. That applies to the end to be jointed onto......out is 15, 22 etc

ok do you mean the inserts to the transition couplings not the akethne

No.....the coupler has a cone shaped body which when screwed down grabs and holds any 'sized' pipe within it's size range. However to effect a seal the pipe it is coupling to needs an insert to stiffen the end grabed......get what i mean? Like pushfit fittings today have to have inserts.....

IF you are really stuck, like I have been a few times, cut a small piece of pipe and take it to the merchants to make sure I get all the right bits the right size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back