Joining 20mm Black Alkathene Pipe underground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a feed from the mains to my garage in 20mm black alkathene pipe that feeds my garage.

I've managed to dig through the pipe and need to reconnect, but what fittings are suitable for this application.

Sponsored Links
You have cut through the Alky branch pipe by accident, and now you want to repair the damage - have i got it right?

That is correct, it wasn't very deep nor where I was expecting it to be coming from to be honest.

Ideally I want to bury it again.

1/2" black alkathene class C and D is 21.5mm OD. 3/4" class C 19.5mm ID which do you have

Sponsored Links
Have you exposed the 1/2" alky back to its Tee connection with the main water service? If so, you could replace with a single length of 1/2".

If its not totally exposed or accessible then cut the pipe and use a new length from the repair location to wherever you want - that way there's only one repair fitting below ground.

Take an off-cut of the 1/2" to the plumbing suppliers and tell them your story. You will need a straight coupler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back