Black death, which port cleaning kit is best,???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am about to fit a new copper seal to my ford focus 1.6 tdci and wondered if anyone could tell me the best port cleaner to use,??? I've seen some kits with the front brushes you attach to a cordless, will these be as good as using the rod with the small sandpaper discs stuck on the end for cleaning under the copper seal,???

Sponsored Links
If anything, use a soft wire mop on a drill if you can find such a thing - you definitely don’t want to interfere with the face the copper washer beds on to.
Plug the injector hole with shop towel before and after the work, flush with compressed air and carb cleaner and don’t let any crap get in there!
John

A horrid job this, id try and remove as much caked on crap from around the injector before removing it.
Compressed air is handy to blow it out if you have use of it, an old vacuum cleaner too.
I wouldnt go too mad attacking it with anything aggressive.

I've had three experiences with these......all on the 1.4 tdci lump which may indicate there were issues with it.
Anyway - two were successful, (at least, the cars didn't come back), but one wouldn't seal at any price with the injector well filling up with diesel and coursing down the back of the engine. Whatever I did made no difference at all.
Looking at the face in the head, it seemed perfect but obviously there was a fault somewhere. I don't know the outcome as the car was traded on but I guess it would be a new cylinder head or at least the injector well spot faced.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back