Black & Decker Repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small B&D Palm Sander KA161, it went bang on second use (few months old). B&D have a 2 year warranty, I want to send it for repair/replacement cant find any address.
Went online chat, wasn't even UK.
Can anyone give me an address.

Sponsored Links
your contract is with the shop you bought it from and they should be your first port off call

your contract is with the shop you bought it from and they should be your first port off call
Yes I am aware of that, just cutting them out of the loop.
I got in touch just after I made this post, they have said they would send it back, but better than that, they have given me all the details & it is a free collection.

Sponsored Links
I had found that, wasn't getting very far, hence made contact with an overseas chat agent, anyway the overseas chat agent has now sent me email details etc.
For info, I received this: (it may help others)
Please contact our warranty service centre where an agent will arrange to have the model collected and repaired/replaced as necessary:

Marshall & Parsons
1111 - 1115 London Road
Leigh On Sea
Essex
SS9 3JL

Tel No: 01702 470100

The supplier, (i.e. the shop you bought it from), has an obligation to refund, replace or repair anything that breaks within the warranty period, whether that be 12 months, 2 years or even a 5 year extended warranty.

Cutting them 'out of the loop' may well invalidate any future claim for redress if it becomes faulty again.

The supplier, (i.e. the shop you bought it from), has an obligation to refund, replace or repair anything that breaks within the warranty period, whether that be 12 months, 2 years or even a 5 year extended warranty.

Cutting them 'out of the loop' may well invalidate any future claim for redress if it becomes faulty again.
It dosnt, affect anything, all it does is save the shop ££ & time.

It dosnt, affect anything, all it does is save the shop ££ & time.

I would respectfully suggest you read up on Consumer Law and your rights.
If you send it back direct to the manufacturer then the shop is under no obligation to address any future problems that may occur and will probably exercise that right. You will then have no option but to deal direct with the manufacturer from a distance, and may end up being passed from department to department.

Sponsored Links
Back