Black & Decker Scorpion Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought one of these at B&Q on special offer .However I think it only takes B8D blades and these are expensive and not much variety
I had been hoping I could get a blade for cutting branches etc
Am I correct , in which case I will take it back for a refund or to swap for a more useful saw

Sponsored Links
That would be more useful as I assume it takes the commonly available blades?
B&Q on Wednesday for a refund and down to Lidls on Thursday

Sponsored Links
you can buy the pack of 3 different blades for the scorpion on ebay for £8 mate, or buy the individual blade you need for £3. How do I know, cos I bought 6 packs last week. better than paying £16 a pack at b&q

I've taken the B&D saw back and got one from LIDL .Time will tell if I've made the right decision
Thanks for your help

I think you have...
I've had a scorpion for years and ebay is the best place for the blades but they are still not cheap ...I wouldn't buy a scorpion again because of that...
IME Sawing green wood/branches etc kills the blades...and they are pretty bad at it...lots of sticking and kicking...and at the moment I have lots of this kind of wood to cut ....
Nearly bought a Macallister one from B&Q for £25 but they were out of stock locally - then found that maybe they didn't use 'standard' blades either ...
Lidl link not working now - but wish I'd seen it earlier (depending on price!)

I'm after a cheap one that I can buy a (Bosch) log cutting blade for...keep the scorpion for 'nice' wood..
(Too scared to get an electric chainsaw -but tempted - and that would give my dad a heart attack - who told me a sharp handsaw is easier than an electric one - yeah right! :D )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back