black dust = low working pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently asked questions on black dust (copper sulphide) on this forum before. I have carried out my own research on the so called black dust.

From recent reports i have found black dust is more than likely going to affect us all at sometime.

Our the past one year we have seen a large increase in breakdowns due black dust~(Northern Ireland). We have been advised to install filters to stop the copper sulphide entering our appliances. WHAT ABOUT THE COPPER PIPEWORK>.

Last week i went to a breakdown. Boiler Make Baxi Bahama. I found a pressure drop of 18mbar at the appliance. I removed the gas valve, out come a cup full of copper sulphide. The pipework was about 6 meters long 22mm copper. I returned the next day with a airline and removed half a bag of sugar out of the line.

I have hunted hard and long and finally found a chemical that can be applied to the copper to stop the black dust before it turns into the black hole. i am currently trying it out at the min.

If you hit this problem please contact me.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back