Black Mould On Grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest the best way of removing black mould from tile grouting in a bathroom.
I've been using bleach which gets rid of most of it but 2-3 weeks later it starts to
appear again.
The grouting is about 4 years old.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Mould is caused by inadequate ventilation which results in surfaces being left damp/wet.

Either improve the ventilation, or expect to clean the mould away all the time.

Thanks for you reply.
Inadequate ventilation was the original cause. This has now been
rectified.
The mould always appears in the same places,so I'm guessing that the diluted bleach
I'm using is not killing the mould spores.
Are there any other products that could be recommended ?

Thanks for you reply.
Inadequate ventilation was the original cause. This has now been
rectified.
The mould always appears in the same places,so I'm guessing that the diluted bleach
I'm using is not killing the mould spores.
Are there any other products that could be recommended ?

I know I'm flogging a dead horse but your first mistake was using bleach on the grout. That can cause some horrible discolouration and will damage the grout joints and tile surfaces.

Sponsored Links
What should you use as I have the same problem. Aldi grout cleaner removed the mould but it's now back as bad as ever. I note that was bleach based.

What should you use as I have the same problem. Aldi grout cleaner removed the mould but it's now back as bad as ever. I note that was bleach based.

I would use BAL Micromax Spray (not sure if this was just in topps) or FILA Grout cleaner. I buy the grout cleaner and sealer whenever I move house and inevitably lose my old stuff. Sealer means that I thw dirt doesn't get mashed into my kitchen tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back