Black Mould wont go

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have enclosed pictures of black mould on a bedroom ceiling, no matter what i do it keeps coming back. The last time it was removed it was done with watered down bleach then rinsed and painted over. Previously its been removed with that spray from diy stores I think its called antifungal or antimould but it just keeps back. The bedroom has the window open during the day for about 6 to 8 hrs. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this for good.

P1060261.jpg

P1060266.jpg

P1060265.jpg

P1060264.jpg

P1060263.jpg

P1060262.jpg

[/img]

Sponsored Links
you have to cure the damp first. It is not a decorating question.

in your case it looks like a roof leak. Water runs down the roof timbers before it drips off so it might not be directly above that point (but it might be)

can also be water coming from a pipe or tank in the loft, or condensation in the loft. Have a look up there.

If the ceiling insulation is patchy or missing it might just be condensation on the ceiling, especially if wet washing is draped about the house, but I think not.

Thanks JohnD, i will get someone to take a look in the loft. I know there is a condensation problem up there this started after the installation of six halogen downlights in my sons bedroom. Its not only the heat from them but the large gap in the insulation around them, they are not my idea of good lighting either just a fad from all those diy/designer programs. I didn't realise they would cause a problem in another bedroom though. I will also see if there is any evidence of water getting in from the roof, i know its not a leaky pipe as there is none over that bedroom.

Clean the area as before and then put a few thick coats of oil based undercoat on and hopefully this will seal the area and stop any stains or mildew reappearing

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back