Black plastic Cold Water feed - solvent weld? Help!

Check out how cheap the blue mdpe ( for underground) is :idea: I found a multiquik eaten by rats once. And a great horror story called "the copper bowl" that`s about rats, I read it when I was about 11...had nightmares till I was 20 :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Check out how cheap the blue mdpe ( for underground) is :idea: I found a multiquik eaten by rats once. And a great horror story called "the copper bowl" that`s about rats, I read it when I was about 11...had nightmares till I was 20 :LOL:

Presumably MDPE plastic "blue" pipe is resilient to vermin in some way? Being an underground product?

Presumably MDPE plastic "blue" pipe is resilient to vermin in some way? Being an underground product?

What do the "Regs" say about how long blue MDPE can be run above ground? Does a stop tap have to be straight out of the ground then change to copper or can this be used to get to say the kitchen before using stop tap and changing to copper?

If it is black it IS NOT durapipe.

We had a house in Derby (built late 70s) where all the cold water pipes INSIDE the house were grey durapipe - all solvent welded joints - real pain in the neck.

All the hot was copper (imperial)

The cold incomer was Black plastic and compression fitteings with inserts were used on it - we shortened it a little. Sounds just like yours, not sure what it is but durapipe it isnt.

Sponsored Links
If it is black it IS NOT durapipe.

We had a house in Derby (built late 70s) where all the cold water pipes INSIDE the house were grey durapipe - all solvent welded joints - real pain in the neck.

All the hot was copper (imperial)

The cold incomer was Black plastic and compression fitteings with inserts were used on it - we shortened it a little. Sounds just like yours, not sure what it is but durapipe it isnt.

This IS all solvent welded joints!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back