Blairs Britain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Blairs Britain:

Convicted foreign criminals on the loose.
Ministers having affairs.
Nhs in turmoil.
Education in chaos.
Terrorists blowing us up.
Petrol about to top £1 litre.
Rising unemployment.
Immigrant numbers unknown and unchecked.
Criminal gangs running areas of the country.
Tax system heading for meltdown.
Companies selling up and going abroad.
Workers on strike

There are more, but these are the ones I remember from yesterday and todays headlines, not quite as bad as 1979 but getting there, will we get to the stage of rubbish lining the streets and bodies piling up in the morgues like last time Labour were in charge? we've still got the lamps and candlesticks used in the power cuts of '79, think I'll get them serviced just in case.

Sponsored Links
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring, they don't like the old cold steel up em

Blair in 1997: We have 48 hrs to save the NHS

Blair in 1997: Education, Education, Education

Blair in 1998: Everyone will have NHS Dentist by 2002

Blair is a war criminal, we are now targets virtually everywhere.

Unemployment is rising fast.

I could go on but given up

Are any Labour voters here still happy with lying Blair?

Sponsored Links
countrys going downhill fast. something needs to be done. I wont be voting labour. In fact, who to vote for? where's the real alternative? :eek:

It doesn't really matter which party are in, it all depends where we are in the global swings and roundabouts. It just so happens that we are heading into a very deep (read bottomless) trench. Oil is running short and the price will continue to go through the roof (and will never come down again). This means that every comnmodity that we buy will cost us more and will leave us less to spend. Unless you are in a protected profession (law, Doctor etc) you are basically stuffed.

Wages are falling and unemploment is rising. Our old age pensioners are draining the NHS dry and claiming pensions and housing way into their 80's.

It can't continue. The sums just don't add up.

joe

Bring back the 15% interest rate :LOL: :LOL:...2 Jags renamed 2 ***gs

Nige F said:
Bring back the 15% interest rate :LOL: :LOL:

It wasn't around for long, couple of days / a month (1991?) mind you, I remember my mortgage outgoings briefly being more than my salary, ow!

Just a few of Bliar's 'Achievements'...

We have a DNA database being created by stealth (over 5% of the population so far - the next biggest percentage is Austria at 1%), including completely innocent people.
The introduction of the intrusive child database.
The National Identity Register (IDiot cards) which will effectively give us a licence to exist (and which by the way the home secretary will have the right to withdraw at any time!)
The UK has 28% of the WORLD's surveillance camera's
Full Traffic surveillance (ANPR entering service).
House sellers packs - a copy goes to the government so they know all about where you live.
Imprisonment without trial introduced.
Control orders, even where no evidence for a crime is given.
ASBO's issued with a proof level below that required in a criminal prosecution, where the offence is not even imprisonable, but breaking the ASBO is!
Efective removal of the legal aid system, and restriction of access to trial by jury due to be phased in.
Removal of the right to protest anywhere near parliament, or in any designated place..(basically anywhere)..
Any group of more than 1 person can be declared an illegal gathering.
Anti terrorism laws being regularly used against people engaged in legal activities.
Engaging in an illegal war leading to the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people.
Condoning torture & illegal detentions.
Allowing bugging of any forms of your communications without proper control.
Making any offence arrestable, and hence any offence means your house can be invaded.
The data is probably now out of date, but since Magna Carta (1215) there have been approx 8,000 imprisonable offences created - over 1,000 of those offences have been created since 1997!
Withdrawal from human rights conventions when 'convenient'

I'm sure I've missed out a few, but I think you'll get the picture.

I think that much of what has happened to our country was quite predictable - the remnants of what the Tories started - and Labour were left to 'pick up the pieces' and sort out the shambles that was left !!

Agreed - Labour is taking an AWFUL long time to straighten things out, and on several occasions appear to be 'out of their depth' and have gone off on tangents :confused:

I am not up to date on current Tory policies, but I find it difficult to forget what happened when they were in power - unless they have had a total reform and change of direction, they won't be getting my vote :cool:

Gary_M said:
I think that much of what has happened to our country was quite predictable - the remnants of what the Tories started - and Labour were left to 'pick up the pieces' and sort out the shambles that was left !!

Agreed - Labour is taking an AWFUL long time to straighten things out, and on several occasions appear to be 'out of their depth' and have gone off on tangents :confused:

I am not up to date on current Tory policies, but I find it difficult to forget what happened when they were in power - unless they have had a total reform and change of direction, they won't be getting my vote :cool:

All off Topic though Gary-M.

The thread is about Blair now not the Tories then. We all know they were useless too.

Talking about past governments, can YOU remember the last Labour Government?
Everybody on strike, Bodies piling up in morgues, rubbish in the street (mountains of it), power cuts, hyper inflation, rich people leaving the country in droves due to the taxes, fuel rationing, etc
Maggie was a manic despot and the power went to her head, but she was a ray of sunshine when first elected and put this country back on the rails, Labour very nearly crippled this country for good.
You have to remember all this when criticising the tories, it does appear tho that either party when in power for too long does have a tendancy to screw up!
I think Mr Blair should go before he does any more damage, but who to replace him with? Surely not Mr Brown!
Maybe we should sort out the countries problems right here?
1, Sort out the NHS, we need looking after, so we need the NHS. Defend the basic principles, complete free at point of contact health service, including dentistry.
Next?

Sponsored Links
Back