Blanchon HARD WAX OIL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am considering purchasing some of the - Blanchon HARD WAX OIL for my original pine floor boards that are circa 1850, still in OK condition.

I wanted nothing too light, I know that Golden Oak Finish has been recommended but wondered if anyone had any experience of any other colours, I was thinking cherry?

I want to get cracking ASAP so any recommendations or suggestions. Ideally don't want to wait for testers and realise preference is subjective but nonetheless.......

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Can anyone confirm that the Golden Oak Finish looks nice on the old Victorian pine boards!?

Cheers

It does for many of our clients and prevent the sanded pine turning ugly orange again.
If need be you can apply to second coat with the natural HWO to tone the colour down.

Thanks WYL.
Have you seen the cherry finish on pine boards? My skirtings are dark with victorian vanish so wantes something a bit darker than oak.

Sponsored Links
Personally I don't like the Cherry at all, too much risk of pronouncing the grain - and pine has a pronounced grain of its own, so double risk. Some parts of the grain pick up the colour much more than the rest, so can result in a very patchy look.

Thanks again. It sounds like it may be a good idea to avoid the darker colour on pine then?. Maybe stick with the lighter oak?

No, it's just the cherry that has this "feature". Golden Oak IMHO is still the right one for pine to make it nice and homely without really pronouncing the grain or making it too dark or too light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back