Blanchon products, Advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am looking to treat my unfinished flooring and I like the look of there range to get a nice deep black.

I like the Hard wax finish, so I have looked at there Hard Wax OIL.

I would want to stain or Dye this first, if you look in the application sheet for the above is says this.

Use blanchon special parquet wood dye or use

Blanchon Positive wood stain.

I take it I can get these in black, well it says colours, nest to the wood dye.

Well I can find no information on the 2 product above, not on the internet or on the Blanchon website, nothing. can anyone advise.

after using one of the two above it says use Prim`oil. thats not a problem.

but I need info on the above, what one would be best for what I want.

Thank you

Darren

Sponsored Links
Thank you, so this can go right onto sanded back oak? is the primer still needed?

Why are the PDF technical sheets saying this? I want it really dark, so I though a black stain first would be good. do you recommend another stain first to get it really black.?

Thanks for this, you can understand the confusion,

Darren

On Blanchon's website (English) there is no longer mentioning of the dye, only HWO.
In the old book filled with 'PDF's and data sheets we have from Blanchon the clear HWO is mentioned and the dye. Book is 7 years old ;)
That's progress for you.

There is a black colour oil available. Test a small piece of wood with one layer black and one layer natural and a piece with two coats of black to see which brings the result you are looking for. (Testers available from our site)

Sponsored Links
Forgot to answer your first question: HWO - natural or colour - can be applied on unfinished wood, no primer needed

If I needed to get it darker, could I use this http://www.blanchon.com/upload/Aquateinte_2K_EN.pdf first. it looks like one of there current lines.

Look quite a good product, looks like I have would have to use there primer between this and the hard wax oil.

I think I will get it darker with a stain, then a wax. do you have any other ideas please.

Darren

The wax in the name Hard/WaxOil refers to the wear and tear layer, the colouring is done with the pigment in the oil.

Best way forward IMHO is to test whatever product you think will give you the desired effect.

Ok, I could not get out the house yesterday, and my dad got a sample for me, from a place in london (Rude!) he said.

I have tried 2 coats of the black and given 6 hours in between, its still not black "dark" enough for me.

Is there anyway I can purchase the blanchon special parquet wood dye, I think they do this in black, then use the prime then wax. I cant find the stuff

or is there another system.

It does look like for the colour I want I will need to stain or dye first then do a hard wax/oil.

what system can do this combi? I cant find nothing on Blanchon, and no phone numbers (france!) its only a small area, stairs and landing about 7sq m. I dont mind a trip to ashford for the right stuff.

Darren

[email protected]

We might have another option, but that would mean a trip to Charing - Ashford for you.
Recently one of our Dutch suppliers has introduced the "Ageing Wood concept". One of the colours that can be produced with this concept is a really dark Oak. We are still waiting for pictures from large samples from our supplier but we do have a trial sample (more colours on one board) in our showroom, one of them the black.

so its a spray, then the system it looks good.

I only need enough for about 8sqm, so I dont know the cost or anything.

I like it though

the other option is I just forget the oil/wax and go the normal varnish laquer route.

I can then use a real dark spirit based stain? what system for a deep look? really black!

Darren

Darrendpb at aol.com

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back