Blanking nut for stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
F56ADCD1-BF03-491C-9701-4A8BFEB0B916.jpeg
A 3/4 inch blanking nut doesn’t fit this ancient stop cock. Would a 22mm one most likely work?

Sponsored Links
Yup, the old imperials are usually a 1" blank if I remember but with old fittings you can never be sure.

Measure it.

BSP size names are surprisingly different to their measured dimensions, but you can look them up when you know the actual diameter.

Sponsored Links
Any reason for just blanking off? If you intend to leave it, then it would be classed as a dead leg in the system and stagnant water could develop. The fitting could even be the manipulative compression type.

The 22mm worked in the end.

I am blanking it off because this pipe is connected to the two flats below and want my own feed from the loft separate to theirs.

I will remove the entire pipe section once i get the bath off, and the main pipe has a convenient tee to which I can just put a cap on. Does that sound okay @Chris_W?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back